Date of last update - 20th of March 2020
Green Fees Australia, trading as K.R Clark & B Lewis & S.J Muller ABN 80 783 156 536 and its related bodies (“we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to complying with applicable privacy laws in relation to the personal information that we collect in the course of running our businesses.
In this document:
- "personal information" has the meaning set out in the Privacy Act, and (in summary) means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or otherwise;
- "Privacy Act" means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); and
- "Website" means a website operated by any entity, including greenfees.com.au.
By continuing to use any of our Websites, products or services, or by continuing to provide us with your personal information after these changes have been published on our Website, you confirm your acceptance of these changes.
3. Collection of personal information
Green Fees Australia may collect and hold the following types of personal information:
- All identification including (but not limited to) your name, email addresses, usernames and passwords and other information provided during the registration process or subsequently updated by you;
- Records of telephone calls, web chat sessions, emails and other correspondence between you and Green Fees Australia;
- Cookies will be used to collect information (such as your website preferences) and saved on your computer to facilitate the provision of Green Fees Australia services to you. There is more information about cookies below;
- Details about the device used to contact or visit our Websites including device type and browser used, date and time of any requests made or time of log-in or visits to any of our Websites, the IP address and location of any device making the request from our web server; and
- Your responses to competitions and other promotions and other preferences collected by Green Fees Australia.
In addition to the types of personal information identified above, Green Fees Australia may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Green Fees Australia may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Visit one of our Websites or our social media pages (for example, any of our Facebook pages);
- Use and access our Websites, products and services;
- Register for a member account on one of our Websites or when you manage/change your account information;
- Contact us by phone, email, post or via one of our Websites;
- Subscribe to receive our newsletter or promotional materials or sign up to a mailing list;
- Participate in surveys, competitions or other promotional activities.
From time to time, you may be able to visit our Websites or deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym.
However, please be aware that, if you do not provide us with certain information that we require, we may not be able to provide you with the products and/or services that you seek.
4. For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
The purposes for which we use, hold and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collect it. Whenever practical we endeavour to inform you why we are collecting your personal information, how we intend to use that information and to whom we intend to disclose it at the time we collect your personal information.
We may use or disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information are as follows:
- To offer and provide you with our products and services, including online payments to participating Golf Clubs, establishing and assisting you to manage your account, processing card and online payments and generally to perform our obligations under the applicable Terms and Conditions for the products and services;
- To send you information about our products, special offers and services;
- To facilitate your entry and participation in competitions and to build personal profiles in order to undertake customer research for competitions, special offers and establish customer profiles;
- To respond to your submissions, questions, comments, requests or complaints, or to otherwise provide you with customer services;
- To conduct our internal business and management processes, for example accounting or auditing purposes;
We may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing (including to inform you of new products, promotions or events that we believe you may be interested in) where:
- you have consented to us doing so; or
- we are otherwise permitted by law to do so.
Direct marketing can be delivered by a range of methods including mail, telephone, email or SMS. If you would like to stop receiving direct marketing communications, you can opt out by:
- Writing to us at the Contact Details below and informing us that you no longer wish to receive these marketing materials; or
- Clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any direct marketing email.
5. Who we disclose your personal information to
The types of persons, agencies and entities we typically disclose personal information to include (but are not limited to):
- Organisations who assist in the provision of our products and services and who assist us in the management of our business or operation of any of our Websites. This may include (but is not limited to), disclosure to third parties Golf Clubs and related Associations;
- A successor entity, in the event of a change of business ownership, merger, sale or other business transaction;
- Any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information in accordance with any consent you give or where disclosure is authorised, compelled or permitted by law.
6. Third-party privacy obligations
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose we disclosed it to them and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act, e.g. by (where commercially practical) including suitable privacy and confidentiality clauses in our agreement with a third party service provider to which we disclose your personal information.
7. Security and retention of information and data
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to maintain the integrity and store securely your personal information and to protect it from interference, misuse and loss and from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure.
In order to protect your personal information we use a number of security measures to protect personal information. For example:
- to maintain the security of Cardholders' account data we do not store any card details. All transactions are processed on a Third Party PCI compliant payment provider.
- we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, encrypted payment gateways, firewalls etc
Your personal information will be retained whilst your account is active.
8. Recording of telephone calls
All telephone calls and other correspondence may be recorded for training and security purposes as well as assisting with the resolutions of any disputes or queries you may have arising from the services provided to you.
Cookies are small files that a Website or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the Websites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Website visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
We may use third party vendors (such as Google) to show our ads on sites on the Internet and serve these ads based on a user’s prior visits to our Website. We may also use analytics data supplied by these vendors to inform and optimise our ad campaigns based on your prior visits to our Website.
10. Access to and correction of personal information
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information we collect, hold, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. The Privacy Act allows individuals to seek access to and/or the correction of the records containing their personal information that are held by Green Fees Australia.
If you have any concerns or complaints about a breach of your privacy or the way we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the Contact Details listed below and inform us of your complaint. We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time after receiving your complaint. If, after receiving our response, you still consider your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the Privacy Commissioner.
12. Third party links
13. Overseas disclosure of your personal information
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside Australia. For example, we may disclose personal information to our related companies overseas and to our overseas service providers.
The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances.
14. Contact details
You can contact us via email to make a request for access or correct personal information, lodge a complaint or request to opt out of receiving marketing communications.
Our email contact is: